Time To Give Thanks

I’m thankful for many things in life. First, I’m extremely thankful I have a healthy family. I’m thankful that my mom is still alive and I’m able to call her or go see her anytime I want. I’m so happy that my children go to a fantastic school – I’m thankful I can send them to a place that encourages learning and nurtures children in a positive environment. I’m also thankful to work in a school where I love my students, my colleagues, and I look forward to coming to work each and every day.

I’m grateful that the Dallas Cowboys, my favorite NFL team, has the best record in the NFC and is tied for the best record in football. It makes being a fan that much sweeter. You can’t take things for granted because life goes so fast, so I’m thankful I can relish the moment.

I’m thankful that we found a dog that has been a blessing to have in our home. I was so leery to take in a pet, but Minnie has been an incredible addition to our family. We were a considered a ‘rescue family,’ but I feel she rescued us and has provided us with so much joy and love.

I’m thankful that I live in a country where I have freedoms that many others don’t. I played all the sports that I wanted as a youngster and in high school, went to the college of my choice, and have a career that wasn’t picked for me. I’m extremely glad I can teach writing and also still have the freedom to work as a freelance sports writer – combining two jobs into one, and so thankful I don’t have to pick between the two.