About Me

mr-waddleWelcome to my website. I am a middle school teacher at Forest Ridge Academy in Schererville, Indiana. I am currently teaching 6th, 7th, and 8th grade English/Writing. I have been at FRA for 10 years. I was a first-grade assistant my first year at the school, I spent five years in fourth grade, and I’ve been working in our middle school for the past four years. Our school’s motto is, “Learning Beyond Textbooks”. My classes have done blogging in the past, but I’d like to incorporate it more into our curriculum, especially globally.

FRA is a small, independent school located in northwest Indiana. We have students ranging from preschool to eighth grade.

Before teaching, I spent 13 years as a sports writer in southwestern Indiana and northwest Indiana. I covered the Chicago Bears, Valparaiso University, auto racing, and high school sports during my tenure. I’m still a freelance writer for The Times of Northwest Indiana (www.nwi.com). I love writing and teaching writing.

I am also the school’s athletic director and help coach basketball at my school.

Back To Top
Skip to toolbar